690 Enduro Forum

Technical => SuperMoto Conversions => Topic started by: seabeegt on February 22, 2014, 03:19:48 am

Title: Just switched over
Post by: seabeegt on February 22, 2014, 03:19:48 am
Been had the ol 08E in her enduro stance long enuff.
(http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af64/seabeegt/Sideenduro_zps22257b1a.jpg) (http://s994.photobucket.com/user/seabeegt/media/Sideenduro_zps22257b1a.jpg.html)
So I finally fished for long enuff on eBay and scored some stock Behr 17s w/rubber for about $740. Good score.
(http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af64/seabeegt/SumoSide_zps24f62f92.jpg) (http://s994.photobucket.com/user/seabeegt/media/SumoSide_zps24f62f92.jpg.html)(http://)
Been riding her on the 17s for a lil' bit now. Took some adjusting, but I like it.
Title: Re: Just switched over
Post by: Rusty Shovel on February 22, 2014, 07:10:16 am
Did you have trouble switching from 21" to 17" on the speedometer?  Any tips beyond what's in the go-by listed on this site?  Looks great BTW.  Where'd you get your rims and how much did they run you?
Title: Re: Just switched over
Post by: Endo on February 22, 2014, 12:02:10 pm
Yeah I hope to do the same later this year, I'd like to know what issues you ran into or what needed to be altered for the conversion. Any thing need to be relocated? New wheel spacers? adapters  for brakes/rotors? Anything?  :-\
Title: Re: Just switched over
Post by: seabeegt on April 06, 2014, 08:58:44 am
When I mounted up my wheels I did a spin test front and back and found the front to be more troublesome. I didn't have to cut the fork guards at all, but I did have to secure the brake line/speedo sensor lines to the fork guard itself. The wheel woulda worn through the lines in short order. So all I did was drill two small holes next to each other and warbled the out a bit so a thick zip-tie could fit. Next problem took me a bit longer to figure out and fix. I rolled the front during the initial fitment and heard a very light grinding noise. Didn't figure much of it since a new rotor was being used. Well, I'm sure this was part of the noise, but turns out the new rotor bolts were chewing up the speedo sensor. Crap! Didn't find this out till I tried recalibrating the wheel size and I ended up taking off the front wheel. Turns out the sensor was salvagable and all I had to do was grind the bolt heads down a bit with my dremel. So the fitment didn't bring too much trouble my way, just spin those wheels and listen fer wierd noises.  ;)