Author Topic: Just switched over  (Read 400 times)

seabeegt

  • Adventurer
  • ****
  • Posts: 182
  • Karma: +1/-1
  • US Navy Seabee
  • Location: Virginia Beach, VA
    • View Profile
Just switched over
« on: February 22, 2014, 03:19:48 am »
Been had the ol 08E in her enduro stance long enuff.

So I finally fished for long enuff on eBay and scored some stock Behr 17s w/rubber for about $740. Good score.

Been riding her on the 17s for a lil' bit now. Took some adjusting, but I like it.
Shay with tha guage and Nilla with tha nine.... word to your mutha.

Social Buttons


Rusty Shovel

  • Aimless Ne'er Do Well
  • Administrator
  • Grizzled Adventurer
  • *****
  • Posts: 552
  • Karma: +8/-1
  • Houston, TX
  • Location: Katy, TX
    • View Profile
Re: Just switched over
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 07:10:16 am »
Did you have trouble switching from 21" to 17" on the speedometer?  Any tips beyond what's in the go-by listed on this site?  Looks great BTW.  Where'd you get your rims and how much did they run you?
D==[#)
2014 KTM 690 Enduro R

Endo

  • Explorer
  • ***
  • Posts: 73
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • =Endo=
  • Location: Redding
    • View Profile
Re: Just switched over
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 12:02:10 pm »
Yeah I hope to do the same later this year, I'd like to know what issues you ran into or what needed to be altered for the conversion. Any thing need to be relocated? New wheel spacers? adapters  for brakes/rotors? Anything?  :-\

seabeegt

  • Adventurer
  • ****
  • Posts: 182
  • Karma: +1/-1
  • US Navy Seabee
  • Location: Virginia Beach, VA
    • View Profile
Re: Just switched over
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 08:58:44 am »
When I mounted up my wheels I did a spin test front and back and found the front to be more troublesome. I didn't have to cut the fork guards at all, but I did have to secure the brake line/speedo sensor lines to the fork guard itself. The wheel woulda worn through the lines in short order. So all I did was drill two small holes next to each other and warbled the out a bit so a thick zip-tie could fit. Next problem took me a bit longer to figure out and fix. I rolled the front during the initial fitment and heard a very light grinding noise. Didn't figure much of it since a new rotor was being used. Well, I'm sure this was part of the noise, but turns out the new rotor bolts were chewing up the speedo sensor. Crap! Didn't find this out till I tried recalibrating the wheel size and I ended up taking off the front wheel. Turns out the sensor was salvagable and all I had to do was grind the bolt heads down a bit with my dremel. So the fitment didn't bring too much trouble my way, just spin those wheels and listen fer wierd noises.  ;)
Shay with tha guage and Nilla with tha nine.... word to your mutha.